- Equipment Providers
- How to Join UIIA
Equipment Provider Information
How to Apply for Participation in the UIIA
Download a FULL PACKET to apply for participation in the UIIA
- Participating Party Signature Page (Form 2)
- Complete the signature page to the UIIA. A faxed copy of the signature page will allow us to begin the process for your company, however, the original will need to be mailed to our office. Download Participating Party signature page (Form 2).
- EP Addendum Template
- Each Equipment Provider is required to submit an individual addendum to the UIIA. The addendum outlines your company’s commercial terms and conditions (i.e., free time, use charges, add'l. insurance you will require Motor Carriers to maintain, etc.). The EP Addendum Template outlines the types of items that may be included in your addendum and can be used as a guide when creating this document. Equipment Providers should submit their draft addendum along with their application for UIIA participation.
- Each addendum must be reviewed and approved by the Intermodal Interchange Executive Committee (IIEC). The IIEC is the nine member Committee that oversees the administration of the Agreement. Download the EP Addendum Template.
- Standard Carrier Alpha Code (SCAC)
- Each Equipment Provider must have an active Standard Carrier Alpha Code (SCAC). This is a four letter code issued by National Motor Freight Traffic Association. If you do not already have a SCAC Code, you can apply for one by completing the SCAC Code Application or online at https://secure.nmfta.org/Welcome.aspx.
- Motor Carriers Serviced
- Each Equipment Provider will need to decide if they wish to open their participation in the UIIA to all Motor Carriers or if they prefer to provide our office with a list of Motor Carriers with whom they do business. If providing a list of Motor Carriers, the information must be in an Excel format and include full company name, address, city/state/zip, along with the phone, fax, and SCAC Code of Motor Carrier if these field are available. Your Motor Carrier file will be matched against the UIIA database to determine which companies on the list do not currently participate in the UIIA.
- Annual Administrative Service Fee
- The fee for participation in the UIIA is calculated based on three components: a) Total Annual Volume; b) Data Access; and c) Motor Carriers Serviced. An initial deposit of the administrative fee is required to initiate the promotion process. Please contact our office and we will be happy to provide you with an estimation of what your annual fees for participation will be.
Click here to obtain a copy of the UIIA Agreement
Back to Top