How to Apply for Participation in the UIIA

Click here to Apply Online for Participation in the UIIA

To Completing Required Paperwork
for UIIA Agreement

The following is a summary of the paperwork that must be filed with the UIIA in order to participate in the Uniform Intermodal Interchange and Facilities Access Agreement.

  • UIIA Form 2 — The Participating Party Agreement signature page must be completed. It must include your company name, authorized representative's signature and printed name, address, phone and fax number, e-mail address, and your SCAC Code. Please mail the original Form 2 to our address at the bottom of our website. All Motor Carriers must also provide their US DOT Number and Federal Tax ID on Form 2. In addition, a Motor Carrier Operating Authority Number (MC Number) will be required if applicable to your business operations.
  • Form 3-A — If you are paying your Annual Administrative Service Fee by VISA, MasterCard, or American Express, you will need to complete the payment information portion of the Annual Fee Schedule. If you are paying your Annual Administrative Service Fee by check, simply fax a copy of the check to our office along with your paperwork. (We must receive the original check within 7 to 10 days)
  • Form 4 — If your company does not have a Standard Carrier Alpha Code (SCAC Code), you will need to complete the Standard Carrier Alpha Code Application. The National Motor Freight Traffic Association (NMFTA) assigns this code. You will need to either mail the application with a check for $78.00 (US FUNDS)($86.00 if payment is made by check in US dollars payable thru a Canadian Bank) to National Motor Freight Traffic Association at the address shown on the application or if paying for SCAC Code by credit card, you can fax it to NMFTA at 703-683-1094.  YOUR UIIA APPLICATION WILL NOT BE COMPLETE UNTIL THIS CODE IS ASSIGNED BY NMFTA.
  • Form 5 — Instructions to your insurance agent — You will need to complete Form 5c (Equipment Provider Checklist) of the insurance instructions by checking off the Equipment Providers that your company does business with.  After completing Form 5c, please forward the entire insurance instruction packet to your insurance agent for completion.
  • US DOT Number/MC Number — All Motor Carriers must maintain an active US DOT Number and, if applicable, an active Motor Carrier operating authority number (MC Number). This information will be checked by the UIIA through the FMCSA/SAFER System.

Click here to obtain a FULL PACKET to apply for the UIIA Agreement, or if you wish only to obtain the legal wording to the UIIA, click here LEGAL WORDING .

Once you have completed all the required paperwork, fax this information to our office at (301) 982-3414 or (301) 982-5478.
Failure to provide complete information will delay the processing of your paperwork.

Questions? Call toll-free 1-877-438-8442.

Top of Page