About The Motor Carrier Selection Screen — 1
After you login, the initial screen will be the Motor Carrier Selection Screen (Figure 6, below).
Note: Each UIIA Motor Carrier is provided with an Insurance Agent Code to access their account information. You will need your insured to provide you with the Insurance Agent Code the first time you log in to access their account. Please contact your insured to obtain the Insurance Agent Code.
Figure 6 (click on the image to enlarge)
The Motor Carrier Selection Screen shows a list of Motor Carriers on whose behalf you are authorized to provide insurance. If you are providing insurance for the first time on behalf of a Motor Carrier, you will need to click on Add New Motor Carriers (Figure 7) to enter the Motor Carrier SCAC Code and the Insurance Agent Code (Figure 7a). This will link you as the agent for that specific Motor Carrier and enable you to access their account.
Figure 7 (click on the image to enlarge)
Figure 7a (click on the image to enlarge)
You only need to enter the Motor Carrier SCAC Code and Password the first time you provide insurance for the company. After entering this information, click on add. The system will verify the SCAC code against the UIIA database and afterwards, the Motor Carrier will be shown on your list of insureds on the Motor Carrier Selection screen (Figure 8, below).
Figure 8 (click on the image to enlarge)
UIIA Insurance Agents Online Help Guide
Motor Carrier Selection Screen
- About the Motor Carrier Selection Screen
- Add a New Motor Carrier to your list of insureds
- Search for a Motor Carrier
- Remove your company as an agent for an insured
- Create a new Acord Certificate
- Add an Excess Policy
- Copy policy information from a Primary Policy
- View In Place Policies on File for Your Insured
- Policy Smart Checklists
- Types of Policies/Certificates
- Edit a Saved Certificate
- Terminating/Reinstating Policies
- Printing Certificates
- Updating Your Contact Information