Terminating/Reinstating a Policy
To terminate or reinstate a policy, go to the Motor Carrier Selection Screen and enter the name or SCAC code of motor carrier for which you wish to terminate or reinstate a policy.
Then, click on Active Certificates in the left navigation menu to bring up the Active Certificates Screen (Figure 25)
Figure 25 (click image to enlarge)
>> The Active Certificates screen
- Terminate a Policy:
- Find the policy you wish to terminate and click the Terminate button next to that policy (Figure 26).
Figure 26 (click image to enlarge)
- The next screen (Figure 27) will display the detailed information provided for the specific policy. Go to the Policy Termination Date field and enter the termination date for the policy. You also must enter a reason for the termination in the Policy Termination Reason field. (Note: A reason for the termination is required).
- Click the Terminate Primary Policy button.
Figure 27 (click image to enlarge)
- After you terminate a policy a new Smart Checklist will be shown to advise you of any adverse impact that the termination will have on your insured's status with Equipment Providers.
- Follow the above steps for each policy you wish to terminate.
UIIA Insurance Agents Online Help Guide
Motor Carrier Selection Screen
- About the Motor Carrier Selection Screen
- Add a New Motor Carrier to your list of insureds
- Search for a Motor Carrier
- Remove your company as an agent for an insured
- Create a new Acord Certificate
- Add an Excess Policy
- Copy policy information from a Primary Policy
- View In Place Policies on File for Your Insured
- Policy Smart Checklists
- Types of Policies/Certificates
- Edit a Saved Certificate
- Terminating/Reinstating Policies
- Printing Certificates
- Updating Your Contact Information